1. About Retreat
Retreat is a beauty-booking platform connecting customers with beauty services across Toronto. It allows salons and beauty service providers (the “Merchants”) a platform to book and manage appointments and customers the opportunity to search for nearby or specialised salons and services, book with ease and at prices that may be favourable to booking directly with the Merchant. Retreat makes finding the right salon for you, or the nearest salon to you quicker and easier all with preferential pricing.
Retreat is owned and operated by Retreat Technologies Corp. ("we", "our" or "us")
2. What this Policy covers
By using our website you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as described in this Policy.
3. What we collect and how we collect it
We collect information about you in two ways:
- Information you provide us.
- Information your device and browser provide us.
Information you provide us
When you register with Retreat:
- We will collect information that you provide to us such as your name, email and telephone number.
- Where you are utilising our online payment facility, we will collect your payment information, which will be processed by our appointed payment processor. Your credit and debit card details will be processed on a secure encrypted basis by our payment processor.
When you contact Retreat:
- If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
- If you contact us by telephone, we may record any information you provide us during the conversation for the purposes of addressing your matter (we will not record the conversation).
Information your device and browser provides us
When you use our website:
- Your IP address and other information (such as the browser you are using) may be collected when you interact with our website – for example create a profile, subscribe to our emails, ask or answer a question etc. We may associate this information with your Retreat account.
4. How we use and share your personal information
In general, we use personal information to provide you with the services and products you request, process payment, provide customer services, deliver our content and ads which we think may be of interest to you, for customer research and to improve our service offering, and to send you marketing and promotional emails and to inform you of any important changes to our services.
We may use personal information we collect to notify you about new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. We will only do this if you provide your consent to receiving the marketing material.
Sharing personal information with third parties
We treat the security and method of processing your personal information very seriously, and we will never sell your personal information under any circumstances.
However, we may disclose your personal information to selected third parties in the following situations:
- To facilitate our business, including, by way of example only, sending email communications.
- If we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets, as appropriate and permitted by law.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in accordance with your authorisation as expressed via ‘opt-ins’, including pre-ticked opt-ins, e.g. at the point of registration.
5. How we protect your personal information
We strive to maintain the highest standards of security in line with industry practice. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside Canada, including for the purposes of processing that data by selected third parties, in order to facilitate Retreat’s business. By submitting your personal information you agree to this transfer, storage and processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
6. Your marketing choices
When registering for our website, you will provide us with your email address which we will use to provide you with emails containing information and services we think may be of interest to you.
You can unsubscribe from these our regular emails at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in the footer of the email you have received. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 48 hours for your email address to be removed from our system.
- Remember you when you visit this website to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use the website. This enables us to personalize experiences based off of how you may use our website.
- Make our website work as efficiently as possible.
- Facilitate transactions and administer services to you and to our partners.
What is a cookie?
How do we use information we collect from Cookies?
As you browse our website, the site uses its Cookies to differentiate you from other users to prevent you from seeing unnecessary advertisements off of our site or requiring you to log in more often than is necessary. Cookies, in conjunction with our web server's log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our website and to determine which parts of the website are most popular and unpopular. This helps us gather feedback to constantly improve our website and better serve our customers.
Cookies do not allow us to gather any Personal Information about you and we do not generally store any Personal Information that you provided to us in your Cookies.
Third Party Cookies
We may issue a cookie by a third party to help us operate the website or present more relevant advertising to you. These Cookies cannot be used to identify an individual; they can only be used for statistical purposes, for example, in providing you with advertisements that are more relevant to your interests.
For this purpose, we may disclose:
- Generic, aggregated or anonymised data relating to your visits and use of our website, but we will not disclose any of your Personal Information which identifies you or from which you may be identifiable i.e. we will not disclose your contact details such as your email address, name, address or telephone number; or
- Information in an alphanumeric form such as a browser cookie ID / code or cryptographic hash of your email address to help us tailor and display our ads to you on other services. This ID or code is matched against your equivalent unique code similarly generated by our ad partners to tailor advertising to you.
- The third party companies that generate these Cookies have their own privacy policies but we don't have access to these Cookies; other than allowing them to be served, we have no role to play in these Cookies at all (although we may use statistical information arising from these third party Cookies and provided to us by third parties, to improve our website and experience).
We use Facebook services to deliver our ads to you during your browsing experience/ whilst you are online. You can control how Facebook uses data to show you ads by turning off ads, which may be based on interests and / or your relationship with specific advertisers, in your ad preference settings. For further information, please visit the various Facebook pages, which allow you to learn more about Facebook ads and Cookies and to update your settings:
Further, by visiting the Your Online Choices link above, you can opt out from seeing Facebook's interest-based ads and you can also use your mobile device settings to configure your advertising preferences.
On your Facebook ad preferences, you will see that ads may be delivered to you according to 'interests' or specific advertisers and you can manage your ad preference settings for both of these.
If you have opted out of receiving our marketing communications when you register with us, when you make a booking or where you have subsequently unsubscribed, we will not share your details with Facebook in an alphanumeric form and we will not appear as a named advertiser in your settings. Please note that where you have opted out of receiving our marketing communications via the methods described above, you may still see our non-targeted ads whilst you are online if your interests settings on Facebook are aligned to an audience segment (pre-defined by Facebook), which our business is also associated with. We do not control whether these ads are displayed to you. Please see the relevant links above for details on how to learn more and manage Facebook ad settings.
Further, to learn more about ads, which are displayed to you whilst you are online, please consult the applicable website's privacy and Cookies policy on which you see our ads and the Your Online Choices link above.
8. How do I remove or block Cookies?
Should you have any queries about any Personal Information, which we hold about you, you may submit a request to us by sending an email to email@example.com and we shall endeavour to respond to any such request as soon as we are able. We may charge you an administration charge of $10 CAD for fulfilling any such request.
9. How to contact us
If you have questions or want more information about our privacy practices, you may contact us by mail, email or telephone: